PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good home in Atlanta Area

jrmarchione
01-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Hi. In August 2010, I rescued a fish from a parking lot. Someone had been evicted, and I saw there was a medium-sized, gold-colored fish in the six inches of water in one of the large tanks that had been put outside with someone's belongings.

I didn't know at the time that it was a cichlid. And I didn't know what to do with it, so I bought a 10-gallon tank, heater, etc.

"Mr. Limpett" has thrived since then. And he's gotten way bigger. I'd estimate he's 9 - 10 inches long now.

But I feel bad for him (her?). I don't have room for a larger tank. So, I found this association in the hopes that I might find someone who wants to adopt him.

Would anyone be interested in learning more?

J.B.
01-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Your post hasn't been here long, so I'd give it time for the members to have a read. However, if all else fails, there are many fish stores in Atlanta, and undoubtedly one of them would be happy to rehome Mr. Limpett for you.

Demonfish
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
See if you can load a pic, even a blurry one. If we can ID it for you, you have a better chance of finding a compatible home.

jrmarchione
01-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the info and suggestions! Here's a photo...

J.B.
01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Considering its cramped quarters, that's a really nice looking Amphilophus citrinellus, or Red Devil cichlid. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a home for Mr Limpett

jrmarchione
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks, J.B. I DID receive a private reply from a member, and need to communicate with him here:

Hi... tried to reply to your message, but received this error:

"[name of member] has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Please do so, or email me directly at jrmarchione@comcast.net.

Thanks!

Joseph

jrmarchione
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Happy to say that Mr. Limpett has a new home ... with a 75-gallon tank awaiting him! Much relieved. Thanks for the help here. I -- and Limpett -- greatly appreciate it!

stevenjohn21
01-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Sorry to bring this old thread back but i thought i would give a quick update. Mt Limpett is doing great, im feeding him on Hikari Gold pellets and night crawlers. He does seem to be very active and when it comes to water changes i have to corner him with a net otherwise he attacks my hand ha ha ! His HITH is still obvious but hopefully its not effecting him too much. He also has a "chunk" missing from his back which doesnt effect his swimming but it does make him "unique" looking (or silly , as my 6 year old nephew says) It took me about 5 hours to scape the tank how i liked it, only to find 20 mins later he disagreed and every plant was floating at the surface. . . . so i had to go robust !
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/stevenjohn21/IMG_6776.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/stevenjohn21/IMG_6832.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/stevenjohn21/IMG_6745.jpg

bloodworm
01-31-2012, 09:59 AM
A happy fish with a perfect name. Great ending!

BW

gloriousbettas
02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Great story and pictures with a happy ending. Thanks for sharing.

jag14
08-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Cichlids love to redecorate. I don't even use plants, I know better with my Jag hybrid. Good rescue for your friend and good luck with him.