View Full Version : First Discus Tank

05-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I bought my first ever group of discus, some wild Tefe Green, a little over three weeks ago. Took a video of them about a week ago and never got around to posting it up here. Sorry for the glare.. I'm not using a tank light and the ceiling light seems to give it quite the glare.. oh well.

Thanks for looking

05-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Congrats ! Their eating like pigs by the looks of it. Will you be leaving the tank as easy maintanence or planning on scaping it ?

05-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Those guys are mowing down those worms! Looks like you got a hold of some good fish...congrats.

05-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys and yes they are very voracious eaters. I do plan on eventually giving them some sort of landscape after I've had a little more experience with them

Larry Bugg
05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Those came from John? They look great. Very active and eating well. Since they have a bit of growing out to go, I would suggest leaving the tank bb until they get bigger. You will want to keep feeding the really well and lots of clean water. BB will make the clean up a lot easier. If you want to do a little scaping at this time you could go with a thin layer of pool filter sand and some nice driftwook. Still keeps it fairly easy to clean and do water changes. 6 months from now you will be amazed at the difference. Keep taking periodic pictures so you can compare. It is hard to beat a tank full of wild discus.

05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks Larry and yes they came from John. My only current difficulty with them is getting them to eat tetra bits... Also starting to try omega one cichlid pellets