PDA

View Full Version : JD's & Lace Catfish Tankmates

White Tiger
12-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I have 2 JD's & a Lace Catfish all 3 right under 2 inches long... I am hoping that being raised together they will get along. It has been a week and so far so good. I read that if you get them young enough I should not have any problems, but the people at the pet stores tell me it won't work out. I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

the_great_white
12-22-2012, 10:41 PM
i dont put more than about 50% into what the people at the LFS tell me.......sometimes you just have to try and see. they told me my Ghost Knife would eat all my tetras and ghost shrimp, all are still here months later.

White Tiger
12-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Hi GW... I am Bio's wife. Thanks for the info. I hope this works, I really want all 3 in the same tank.

the_great_white
12-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi GW... I am Bio's wife. Thanks for the info. I hope this works, I really want all 3 in the same tank.

Hi there! if they don't get along, just have him start up another tank for you, i'm sure he wont mind!.....lol Good luck with the fish!

oxheart
12-23-2012, 07:43 AM
If by lace catfish you mean synodontis eupterus , I would not imagine a problem , I have 3 in 3 different tanks all with large african cichlids of varied types and temperments . In each case they leave the Synodontis alone . One even though stocked at around the same sizes the Eupterus has grown much faster then them . Two I have seen them pick on the Syno's and the hold there ground and seem to fight back with there fins . After a few of those incounters haven't seen anyone pick on them . Just my two cents , good luck W.T.

Lil Fish
12-23-2012, 10:51 AM
The lace she is refering to is the Synodontis nigrita, Max size 5".

White Tiger
01-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Well... The 2 Jacks in the same tank did not work out, one kept picking on the other. I gave one to my hubby (Lil Fish). The one I kept in my tank is doing well with the catfish. :)