PDA

View Full Version : new substrate

Elleabridges
03-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Here is my adventure...video link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jseZ5pgSZJM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

After much help from other members I finally found black diamond. I brought it home along with organic miraCle grow. My youngest son (13) helped me sort through it. Mean while my oldest (17) worked on the black diamond. Once that was done youngest and I began changing tank. Oldest left to go work out....

My tank is a 125, I had three totes so we filled them up with water and moved the fish in. I Destroyed new laid eggs by the angels I have for sale. We relized I needed more sand so we set that to washing. I needed something to keep the under level of substrate to blend. I thought about ways to do so and. Being unable to spend any more I grabbed an unused plastic shoe box. (The clear ones you can buy for a dollar. I cut strips where a bit of the bottom was still attached to the side. Worked perfect and no need to silicon on! I wound my three different areas around, dirt/black diamond, sand, and rock. Being my oldest worked with black diamond and not us, I was not ready for how heavy it is! Wow what a workout......Redecorate,put water back in, put fish back in, planted, and tada.

Only down side, while in tubs a cherry barb committed suicide lol. Water test great! Lost a snail this am though :( other than a rock formation falling you can see in video all is great! Cory have never been so active. Loving both sands. I just need more plants.

Elleabridges
03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Oopps all that and forgot to mark public.....

Ccraine
03-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Going by what you said on phone I think you nailed the look you where going for nice job.

Elleabridges
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
.me too :) I'm very proud of it. Could only be better if it was twice the size lol