PDA

View Full Version : What food do you like for African Cichlids?

Murph65
05-11-2013, 09:32 AM
I have been using Omega One super color cichlid pellets. I currently have 1 yellow lab, 1 electric blue johanni, sunshine peacock, and a featherfin catfish. I have done a little reasearch and it seems that alot of people perfer the New life spectrum brand. What do you guys perfer and use?

Demonfish
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
cichlid Xtreme is good. All my fish eat it.

fjb2
05-17-2013, 05:10 PM
I only use Premium Green (handmade to order). Hands down the best food I have ever fed my fish and I have tried them all.

ahud
05-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I feed NLS to everything.

Murph65
05-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Where can i find NLS or Premium Green?

RLHam3
05-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Used to feed nls, I switched over to extreme and I really like it

bloodworm
05-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Jeremiah, I have had fantastic luck with http://www.prettybird.com/fish.htm I don't feed my dog carbs and believe that fish have never evolved to eat them either. And the amount of crappy "fillers" in most flake and pellet is pretty astounding ...

"iKevi" used to feed his fish crushed EVO dog food (which is where I got the idea). All my Tangs get this once a day and frozen brine/bloodworm once a day and are doing great.

BW

fjb2
05-18-2013, 09:54 AM
www.Premiumgreen.net. The website lists all the ingredients he puts in the food. Plus there are different types of food for the different types of fish you have.

bloodworm
05-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Frank that is an awesome site. I assume you have ordered from it before and the experience was good? If so I am buying some!

BW

fjb2
05-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes BW I have ordered from there on at least 3 occasions now. The owner is very knowledgeable about fish, his name is Clay Neighbors. If you breed I would recommend you get the fry food, which is called "Grow" It is amazing. I use the Original Green, Carnivore, Krill Crumble, and Grow. You can get them in different sizes also (larger chunks, small chunks, very fine powder form, etc). Just explain to Clay what you have and he'll help you out. Plus...you DO NOT have to feed very much of it. It doesn't have any fillers so a little goes a long way. I even have a testimonial on his website. Try it..you will not be disappointed.

Demonfish
05-18-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.fishforums.com/forum/neptune-aquatics.html John has some great foods, especially for fry and plecos. Small operations, small batches, fresher ingredients.