PDA

View Full Version : Hello

bloodworm
10-10-2013, 12:51 PM
My name is Dale and I am aquaholic.

I have been a combination lurker and member of this forum for close to 5 years. And as those who have been around for a while also know - this forum is a FANTASTIC resource for all things tropical fish. I have been impressed by the professionalism and all around helpfulness of this forum, and earlier this year decided to try and help our club. Thus – I am now the new “Social Media Chairman” – and will hold responsibility for assisting the A.A.A.A. B.O.D. with expanding our communication via Facebook / YouTube / Twitter / etc. to our growing new demographic.

This introduction section is specifically designed to:

1) get to know folks who are either new to fish keeping, or new to our forum.
2) allow “newbies” to ask questions in a comfortable environment
3) allow those in our club with solid experience to explain responsible fishkeeping practices
4) ultimately allow those new to aquariums to be successful and interested in retaining - and possibly expanding their interest in our favorite hobby

We will be working with local fish stores to “cross-post” this resource to their customers – and I look forward to meeting and helping all of our new visitors and potential members.

Oh – and a little bit about me. I have been fishkeeping for over 25 years, however currently only have 3 tanks up (Tanganyikans). I live in Forsyth county, and other hobbies include training working dogs and finding better places to drive my Jeep Wrangler than 400.

Thank you.

Pierre
10-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Thank you Dale for taking this on. I would like to help to spread the word and would like to talk to you and others who are interested in participating on ideas that we may have to promote the AAAA. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Pierre

bloodworm
10-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks Pierre. Will do!