PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Fabulous Fishfilly

Fishfilly
11-02-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm planning on coming to the meeting today !!/2/13, so I thought it best to introduce myself and come out of lurkdom. I live in Freehome, GA which is between Canton and Cumming with Alpharetta wrapping all around me so I usually say I live in Alpharetta. I'm a newbie to fish but the bug has bitten me bad. I'd say maybe 6 months!!! I'm in need of as much knowledge I can learn from the pros and those who have been fish keepers for a long time. I would like to learn about fish diseases, how to recognize and treat. I'm up with WC's and bought a Python gravel cleaner to make it easier on the old bod. With my first tank, a 29 gallon I was using 5 gallon buckets and a siphon that I kept getting fish water in my mouth..... YUK!!! I started googling everything I could and have spent more money on fish (not the fish) products and tanks, etc. Been looking into solar power to keep the fish alive in a winter power outage and also to use to pump water from my lake to my garden. I found a system on wheels that I found interesting. I could use it for the garden to pump water from the lake and then use it in the winter if needed. There has got to be a way to keep my babies safe from the dreaded power outage. In my profile I've listed the tanks and fish I have. I do have a "fish room" and then I also have an 80 gallon in my Breakfast room and my first tank the 29G is in my Foyer. I also had my Red Jewel Cichlids spawn in the 80g and I let them raise them in the tank with the other fish staying in the tank. They were such good parents that I now have about 150-200 juveniles about 1 1/2" and some that aren't getting as big as they r the last in the chow line. :ohmy: They are now in there own tank and I'm splitting them up into two tanks this weekend as I just bought another tank for the Africans freeing up an extra tank for the babes. Anyone interested in some babies????? They're real beauties!! Well that's all for now as I need some sleep if I'm going to get up for the meeting. I need advice on a sick Oscar I'm tryng to diagnose and treat!!! He's one of my favs and I really don't want to lose him!!! :help: See ya'll soon!!!

Pierre
11-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Hello Fishfilly,

Welcome to the club and we look forward to seeing you today. I got the bug a bit more than two years ago, and I must say I am better at breeding tanks than fish with 30 tanks for now. Lately I am moving more towards African cichlids (about half of my tanks are now hard water). If you can post a picture of your Oscar and symptoms, I'm sure someone here would be able to guide you.

Cheers,

Pierre

Fishfilly
11-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello Fishfilly,

Welcome to the club and we look forward to seeing you today. I got the bug a bit more than two years ago, and I must say I am better at breeding tanks than fish with 30 tanks for now. Lately I am moving more towards African cichlids (about half of my tanks are now hard water). If you can post a picture of your Oscar and symptoms, I'm sure someone here would be able to guide you.

Cheers,

Pierre

Hi Pierre, I was there but don't know if you were as no one introduced themselves so I did go up to several people to ask advice but I guess I didn't hit up the right peeps. I intend to heal this fish. He has a great spirit and if it's possible he will make it. Where should I make my post for advice?

Donna