PDA

View Full Version : Hello All From Augusta!

Aquatic_Adam
11-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Greetings!

My name is Adam and I am a fish maniac over here in Augusta. I have been keeping fish for probably 7 years now. I had been looking for an aquarium society a little closer to home but you guys are the best out there! This makes me a sporadic attendee of the meetings but I have loved what I have been to. I love all the mini auctions that are help each meeting as there is really only 1 dedicated fish store here in Augusta (Bob's Tropical Fish).

I am currently keeping:

40g long: 7 Apistogramma paulmuelleri (still very young and I am anxiously awaiting them to color up). I am in the market for some Nannostomus species as dithers (would love N. espei if they weren't so gosh darn expensive). It is heavily planted with a Finnex Ray2 and a dirt substrate and a flourite/eco mix. Haven't quite gotten the growth out of my Crypts that I was expecting but my Jungle Val has exploded. I want to redo it to give dirt with a sand cap for the Apistos but that is a future project.

20g long: 1 pair Apistogramma tefe pearl blue (old enough for spawning and colored up nicely, sadly I haven't gotten any spawns yet). Also looking for some dither fish for this tank, possibly a different Nannostomus species than the 40g (never can have too much variety aye?). This is also heavily planted with a Finnex Fugeray with a straight flourite/eco substrate. Again, I would love to redo the tank in dirt with sand cap.

10g: Nothing in it yet. Is set up for a pair of Apistogramma elizabethae. My friend bought a few of them, but sadly they have come down with some kind of bacterial infection. I am not sure if they will be heading this way. It is dirt with sand cap, lightly planted with a Finnex Fugeray.

5g: Holding tank for a large male Apistogramma gibbiceps. I have no idea what to do with this guy. I have been looking for females for him for over a year with no avail.

As you can see, I am currently into the South American soft water dwarf cichlids. I have kept a plethora of fish in the past ranging from Polypterus (my personal favorite) to Tiger Endlers and everywhere in between. I hope to use this website to grow, learn, buy some awesome fish from other members, and most importantly spread my own knowledge when applicable. Glad to be here!

HN1
11-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Welcome! Glad you're aboard Adam!

stevenjohn21
11-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Welcome !
We love pictures hint hint ;-)

gloriousbettas
11-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the group, Adam.

Kendra

Prasanna Kumara PK
05-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi Adam. Nice to know that you are here. do you still attend meetings in Atlanta ? also are there more other non-atlantans in the club ?