PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tucker...just moved from Ohio!

Lyndsay Bottichio
11-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Hello!

I just moved down a month ago from Ohio...sold almost all my tanks (kept a 10, stuffed it with my adult galaxias, sub-adult LF BN, some aquatic frogs and some endlers) and am finally starting up again down here.

Recently bought a 55 so my galaxias has more room...time to find some cichlids again.

Anyone know of any good local stores? I usually order my fish, but I still like to keep a store in my mind...just in case. Prefer not shopping at big national chains.

caricell
11-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Welcome Lyndsay:

A number of our sponsor local fish stores have forums right here. They are all local and cater specifically to members of the club, and even often discounts to our members. You can check out any of those forums.

Hope you can also make our monthly meetings, and eventually become a member of the club.

Hello!

I just moved down a month ago from Ohio...sold almost all my tanks (kept a 10, stuffed it with my adult galaxias, sub-adult LF BN, some aquatic frogs and some endlers) and am finally starting up again down here.

Recently bought a 55 so my galaxias has more room...time to find some cichlids again.

Anyone know of any good local stores? I usually order my fish, but I still like to keep a store in my mind...just in case. Prefer not shopping at big national chains.

Demonfish
11-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Welcome Lyndsay. Are you John's friend? He PMed me on the other forum. Someday I am going to go up there and meet him.

Since you are north east of ATL, I'd add the Aviarium to your list. Last time I checked, they also gave AAAA member's discounts. Its a fish & bird store near Gwinnett mall close to I-85 and GA 120. Its got a case of SW creep (eats up FW space) but they do have good prices on tanks and a reasonable FW selection. Here is the link to a more complete list of local stores. https://www.google.com/maps/mm?authuser=0&hl=en Call first, as updating is sporadic. (Does anyone know how to update it? We need to add SEA) The Petlands are local franchises rather than national chains.

If you are free next Saturday Afternoon, Dec. 7, you should come to our party at Athen's Pizza and introduce yourself. You need bring a gift to play in the gift exchange, but you don't have to play. Its buy your own food and we don't exclude non-members. You can post a "wanted" and have some chance of getting a member to bring you some nice fish. Our water is soft here, so we have a lot of discus, angels, and apisto keepers, but we have African cichlid raisers, too.

Lyndsay Bottichio
12-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I am Johns friend! I was sad to have missed the big extravaganza up there this year...lots of great people and fish.

i might try to make it next weekend...have to see how the work week goes. Thanks for the invite and info!

bloodworm
12-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Welcome Lyndsay! You have stumbled on a fantastic forum (and group of aquarists). Enjoy!

Dale