PDA

View Full Version : Apistograma borellii "Belle Union" trio

olddog
12-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Both borellii "Belle Union" females showed up this morning at different ends of the tank for feeding time w/ their babies swimming happily along with them!!! Dad seems to be resting at the back of the tank. (He always was a little shy.) Panduros seem like they may be next --- MacMasterii/viejita are back out of hiding with no little ones?
Jeff

HN1
12-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Very nice Jeff. Congrats!

Apisto Jim
12-16-2013, 10:46 AM
I have had only one A. Borellii spawn with a single female in the tank out of three attempts. All others have been with pairs of females spawning at the very same time.

My wild male mated with 3 females at once while I had him in temporary digs as I reorganized tanks. He later spawned with 6 of the 7 wild females I received from Ken. He is one satisfied if not tired fish. He has produced at least 350 fry.

olddog
12-16-2013, 04:20 PM
While I've not had nearly the success you have, my other Apistos seem to like the cooler weather and drop in temp. in their tanks. They also seem to be responding to different types of music too? Luther Vandeross, Z.Z. Hill and Solmon burke are some of their favorites, but when I turn on Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" the mood in the tanks seems to change :kissing-love: . Then again it could just be my imagination !

Jeff

Apisto Jim
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughn seems to get mine in the mood. Found the Albert King set you recommended - AMAZING!! My fish are exposed at a young age to serious guitarists: Clapton, Pete Townsend, B.B. King. Not sure how they would react to Marvin Gaye or Vandeross. I do tend to get some strange stares when I sing along to Quadrophenia by The Who - they may think I'm having seizures.