PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Newnan

rosexknight
12-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Hello all. My name is Kristian. I've got about two years of fish keeping under my belt, but I will admit that I'm definitely still green and not as serious as some (mostly because I can't afford most of the equipment to be serious but anyways...)

My boyfriend just got me a 75 gallon tank for Christmas so I figured it was time I buckled down and joined a forum to get proper advice rather than consulting Yahoo Answers and bugging our local fish expert all the time.

I also enjoy writing and drawing. I hope to meet some cool people and get plenty of good advice from this forum.

Mog Carns
12-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Howdy, and welcome to the forums.

I'm from Palmetto, and a couple other people here are from the Thomas Crossroads area.

The people here are usually extremely friendly, and extremely knowledgeable.

Allow me to suggest that you attend the monthly meeting. The next is Jan 18 at the Fernbank Science Center... the schedule says 1:30, but I have never seen one get going before two. There is no admission fee at the Science Center (Different from the Museum of History) or for the meeting, and you do not need to be a member to attend. I lurked the forums for several months before attending my first meeting, and I regret the times I missed. From Newnan, it takes a little over an hour. There are mini auctions following the month's speaker where you might find some extremely high quality stock for your new 75.

bloodworm
12-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Kristian welcome! You will find a lot of wise fish folk on here. Ask away - good luck and happy holidays!

Dale

HN1
12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome aboard Kristian! Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I'm sure there are folks here that can give you great advice.