PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Woodstock!

Jill Sky
12-19-2013, 11:34 AM
I am in the process of getting a 75 gallon aquarium and setting it up for Malawi Cichlids ( Peacocks and Haps). I am a newbie to aquariums but am very excited about this. If anyone breeds Malawi Cichlids, please let me know. Thank you. I look forward to chatting and learning more about aquariums and Cichlids and fish in general. :shades:

bloodworm
12-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi Jill, welcome to our forum. I have seen a fair amount of Malawi fry posted here - you should be able to score some fish for your 75. Good luck and happy holidays!

Dale

HN1
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the site / club Jill! :)

caricell
12-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome, Jill;

I'm not far from you..over in Roswell.
Hope you can make one of the club's meetings.

Larry

I am in the process of getting a 75 gallon aquarium and setting it up for Malawi Cichlids ( Peacocks and Haps). I am a newbie to aquariums but am very excited about this. If anyone breeds Malawi Cichlids, please let me know. Thank you. I look forward to chatting and learning more about aquariums and Cichlids and fish in general. :shades:

oxheart
12-19-2013, 08:30 PM
hello Jill
Alpharetta here . welcome to the forum . I have a decent amount of Malawi Cichlids ,even though I am in the process of going Tanganyikan . Yes I have listened to the darkside . Anyway welcome .

aXio
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Welcome Jill!

Mog Carns
12-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forums!

To be honest, I don;t know the difference between the African Rift Lake cichlids. However, a good number of folks keep them. All the tables, divided by lake, at the spring and fall auction are filled up.

You might want to check the Trading Post below, I believe I have seen the name Haps and Peacocks recently. Also, if you come to the monthly meeting, we have a mini auction after the speaker which may or may not have something... depending on what people have extras of that month.

Best of luck, and post pictures of the tank when you have it set up.

Pierre
12-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Hello Jill and welcome,

I'm sure you'll find several members will have Malawi's cichlids.
I have the following:
Juvenile and Fry:. Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan" (Taiwanee Reef)
Fry: Aulonocara korneliae
Fry: Lodotropheus sprengerae

Lake Victoria:
Fry: Haplochromis sp. "35", aka sp. "Tomato"

Happy holidays,

Pierre

Demonfish
12-20-2013, 04:43 PM
rusties are neat, but I thought it was Iodotropheus. I have P. demasoni breeding and some victorian haps, but not what your looking for.

CHOPPER
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
I live near Canton and have lots of Peacocks Blue Dolphin and Z Rocks all sizes. let me know if you are interested

Tulip Rai
04-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi, i live in Marietta and i keep/breed especially Malawi cichlids. let me know if anything