PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Commerce!

cswain123
01-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Hi all,

Just getting into the whole aquarium hobby. I live in Commerce which if you don't know is right by Athens in NE Ga. It's where the Tanger Outlets are haha, that's usually why people know Commerce. I've always been intrigued with aquariums, especially heavily planted tanks and I saw a great deal on ebay that I couldn't pass up. I'm starting off with a 65 gallon hex tank. The more I'm reading I kind of wish it wasn't a hex tank. But it came with everything I needed including a bunch of saltwater stuff I don't need...at the moment at least. Hopefully it'll be up and running by this weekend or sometime this weekend.

Thanks,
Caleb

HN1
01-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Welcome Caleb! Congrats on the new tank.

If you can make it down to Decatur this Saturday, we're having our first monthly meeting of 2014. The topic is on collecting in Uruguay.

bloodworm
01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Welcome Caleb. You stumbled on a lot of friendly and knowledgeable folk who will be more than willing to help you through the addiction you don't yet know you have :)

BW

cswain123
01-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the welcomes! I probably won't be able to make it to the meeting this saturday. Hopefully some in the future though and definitely the spring auction; it sounds too awesome to miss! BW, I'm already realizing my addiction. Haven't even gotten my tank up and running yet and all I think about are plants and fish.

olddog
01-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Be sure to look on You Tube on how to start up a new tank. Go slow (hard to do when you really want to see your tank full of fish and plants) and enjoy each step. If you want live plants, be sure to look up dirted tanks . Meetings have mini auctions at the end of them - good place to pick up some quality plants and fish. Browse the sight and ask questions.

​Jeff

cswain123
01-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks Jeff! I'm pretty sure I have watched every dirted tank video on youtube and then some. It has become kind of a problem lol.