PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Woodstock

Tarrasque
01-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Hello, I have recently gotten permission form my wife to start an aquarium. Before we moved from California we had a 30gal with lots of swordtails. I really enjoyed it, and consider it a success as when we moved we gave away everything, including the live fish, to a neighbor. Now I am kinda regretting giving away everything, and wish we had at least saved the tank and stand. Right now I am looking to start again, and piece something together as we get money in for it. I am thinking something that is at least 70 gal, and have permissions to go as large as 150gal. I have not started to think about what I want to stock it with beyond thinking freshwater. My younger 9 year old daughter is very excited about the idea as she is currently interested in marine biology. I think this would be a great experience for her. My older 12 year daughter is kinda happy, but becoming a teenager and does not really show she cares to much.
I am excited to have found this group, I have had a hard time finding a LFS in the area that is as impressive as some we had in downtown Sacramento. My wife and I really enjoyed the Reef & Aquatics store on 92 in Woodstock, and are looking forward to seeing them after their expansion is finished.
I have been looking around for a decently priced tank, craigslist, this site, and ebay mostly. There is a lot of good stuff out there, but right now I think we are going to focus on the tank and stand, and slowly build until we are ready for stock.
Anyways, so hi, its good to be here and I look forward to being around for a while.

Pierre
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Hello and welcome. You'll definitely will find what you are looking for regardless of the type of fish. We have monthly meetings usually on the first Saturday of the month and two very large auctions (the next one will be on the 30th of March).

Pierre

HN1
01-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the area and the club/forum! :)

Dasher
01-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Hello and welcome! If you are looking for tanks (lets just get that out of the way now, there's no just having "a" tank) I'd recommend you send an email to the Club's former Treasurer Andrew Hebert.

He's moving to TX and has lots of stuff in his fishroom for sale. I'm quite sure you can piece together a tank, stand, and all the other necessary items (he even has Montazumae Swords) to get the MTS fever going!

andrewhebert@bellsouth.net

Dan

Tarrasque
01-23-2014, 12:29 AM
I don't know if he can hold out for me. We have a loan we need to get paid off, so hopefully we will be ready at the end of next month. *fingers crossed*