PDA

View Full Version : Magnum 350

ronv
01-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Can't get it to work. Purchased it a couple of years ago from a member. It has never worked. I think I am doing something wrong. The motor runs but it doesn't pump water. What can I try?

mountainman36
01-25-2014, 07:57 PM
make sure its full of water, and the shut off valves are open. if the impeller is spinning then it should get going after a few seconds. they sometimes need to prime, even though the impeller is on the bottom. ive not used one in a really ling time, but they were great 10 years ago...hope this helps

Demonfish
01-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I've had one completely quit. Replacement "sealed motor and switch assembly" is $45 @ dr. foster. But if the motor spins the impeller, you likely have it assembled wrong or it needs seals. Replace all gaskets, there are two big and one little washer type and a o-ring. Check the canister for cracks, check the hoses for leaks, make sure the quick connect valves are open. Make sure it is the right distance below the tank. Check hoses for plugs. Try a new impeller (if the shaft gets bent, it can stick). Make sure the impeller well is clear of debris. Manuals are online. If air is getting in, the impeller spins oddly to try and get it out, but you have to get most of the air out of the hoses for it to go well. If there is air in the canister after a day or two of running, you have a leak in the system somewhere letting in air. I had one with a crack in the fitting on the lid where the hose attached that was sucking air.