PDA

View Full Version : Grindal worm feeding

mountainman36
02-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey guys - i have a grindal culture, and its doing fine, but not spreading/multiplying. ive fed it catfish pellets, algae wafers, bread, fish food....but the worms never seem to be drawn towards the food. i watched a lot of the youtube videos, Even Dave Ramsey, and it looked like my medium was too dry, so i added some water, and now they are moving a little bit, and i see them on the sides a little....but they still dont seem to be eating.

i dont have dogs or cats, so i havent tried that...
any other suggestions? it just seems that im not able to harvest them without depleating the population. Temp is about 70 in the garage fish room. maybe 65.

Thanks

Richard

Garfieldnfish
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
I feed mine dry cat food and keep them in coir. I have 8 cultures going at the same time in case one crashes. You can also use potting soil (fertilizer free) and baby cereal but I found mine to do much better with the coir and cat food. They need to be kept moist but not wet.

byork
02-13-2014, 01:49 PM
I was told 3 pieces of cat food 2 times a week. Mine seem to do fine with that. I keep them under my tank stand on the basement floor I don't know the temp but my feet get cold. It is temperature controlled.