PDA

View Full Version : 275 gallon tote

Adrian912
02-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Does anyone have any idea how in the world to get this tank through a regular door? If I get rid of the cage could I then just use straps up and down the tank to reinforce it like the cage would? On the other hand is there another cost-effective, tall but thinner tank that I can use in place of this 275 gallon tote? The second option would be my preferred route simply because I can't stack the 275 totes and would therefore lose about 40 inches above the totes to nothing but open space. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mountainman36
02-17-2014, 09:11 PM
there is always another tank, but cost effective isnt the word.

You could do a wooden cage.

Optimum has a few tall cylindrical tanks they use for ro water, you could do something like that.

Larry Bugg
02-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Sent you a PM with Chad's (Sabres1) email address. He took his out of the frame and then put it back in the frame. The guy he bought it from told him how to do it. He can give you the details.

Neokoi
02-17-2014, 10:16 PM
northern tool has different size and shape tanks...

canoe
02-18-2014, 02:01 PM
HATponics uses the large totes as the basis for their aquaponics systems. They cut them into 2 asymetric pieces and stack them, with the upper one for plants and the lower one for fish. No reason they could not both be aquatic.

If you look at their website for the blog entry entitled "HATponics Residential Systems: At Home Aquaponics" there is a picture of a system with a wood enclosure. I've seen this system in person and the support for the upper unit, which contains over 500 lbs of rock, is not much more than 3 pieces of 2 x 4 spanning the lower unit.

http://www.hatponics.com/blog/

Adrian912
02-19-2014, 07:42 AM
thanks for the heads up guys. Larry thanks for sending me the info for Chad. I just finished grabbing 10: 20 long tanks so I am going to need a much bigger water aging tank. I'll be setting up a 9 foot 3 tier rack with 3 29's, 3 40's and 9 20's; a 6 foot rack for my 100g and 125g and then a 3rd rack with a bunch of tens as holding tanks, qt, etc.... tons of fun :thumbsup: