PDA

View Full Version : DD Black Angels - The blackest!!

Larry Bugg
02-27-2014, 07:11 PM
I have kept and bred DD Black Angels in the past but have always ended up a little disappointed because inevitably when the reach maturity they were never completely black. There was always a portion of the body that had a grayish look to it. Back in August I ran across a guy that claimed his DD Blacks would stay completely black and I bought a group of quarter size from him. Well they have just reached maturity and he was telling the truth. These are the blackest DD Blacks I have seen. Here is the first newly formed pair moved into their own tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kgu59PSfgc

Opps, that video was before they were moved. Uploading the new one, lol.

Larry Bugg
02-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Here is the updated video, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqjV4ExLJtA

Perrin150
02-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I guess im not the only one with DD angels !!!!
Those are pure black, i have two spawns out of them already;)

Larry Bugg
02-27-2014, 09:35 PM
I guess im not the only one with DD angels !!!!
Those are pure black, i have two spawns out of them already;)

Very nice. Nope, not the only one. I'm sure there are more. DD blacks have always been a favorite around here.

djramsey
02-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Larry, Very nice looking fish and video. Iis the black the same kind of black that were the Black Angels of many years ago? All the blacks I have seen the past few years are a different form of black. More of a really dark grey than black.

Larry Bugg
02-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Larry, Very nice looking fish and video. Iis the black the same kind of black that were the Black Angels of many years ago? All the blacks I have seen the past few years are a different form of black. More of a really dark grey than black.

These guys are really black. There is no grey to them at all. In the past all the blacks I had always had some grey to them but not these guys. I was skeptical before buying them because of that. I got them from Dave Carlson and he promised me these would be solid black and he didn't let me down.

joquin
06-11-2014, 07:51 AM
So do you have any babies yet?

Larry Bugg
06-11-2014, 09:29 AM
So do you have any babies yet?

Afraid not. They have eaten the fry every spawn. Guess I am going to have to pull the fry from the parents next spawn.

bolivianbaby
09-08-2014, 10:33 AM
GORGEOUS!!!!

I've had issues breeding DD blacks myself, but mine were NOT as black as yours! Mine were conspecific aggressive. Have you seen that with yours?

Larry Bugg
09-08-2014, 04:41 PM
GORGEOUS!!!!

I've had issues breeding DD blacks myself, but mine were NOT as black as yours! Mine were conspecific aggressive. Have you seen that with yours?

Absolutely, but I have seen it with different strains of angels also.