PDA

View Full Version : I need info on this guy.. please help

Badams485
03-14-2014, 12:13 PM
2767 Can anyone tell me about this fish?

Mog Carns
03-14-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm betting hybrid :angel:

Anything you can tell us? Where you got it... what it was in with... how big it is... what lifecycle stage?

aXio
03-14-2014, 12:30 PM
I would guess Hybrid as well. Looks kinda like it has Fenstratus or Sajica cichlid in it.

Badams485
03-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Well he/she is about 7in in length, aggressive, in a tank with two full grown Severums. I'm concerned about the diet. It eats but looks like it would prefer something other than pellets.

aXio
03-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Well he/she is about 7in in length, aggressive, in a tank with two full grown Severums. I'm concerned about the diet. It eats but looks like it would prefer something other than pellets.

It looks like a Central American or a "new world" cichlid. Most of which need a balanced diet but leaning a bit towards the protein side. I'm assuming that you got this fish from some else? A Lot of people feed cichlids purely live foods or frozen foods... because the fish seem to like it better and get more excited when feeding those foods. But they don't realized that a good staple pellet or flake is needed to keep fishes healthy. My guess would be he/she isn't used to eating pellets so he/she is shying away from them. But I would think he should get more and more used to them. Grant with all that said I recommend to everyone to feed a mix of foods rather then just a pellet or flake. Personally I feed pellets, PE mysis, bloodworms, Larry's black worms, Cyclopeeze, Peas, Lettuce, Zucchini, Cucumbers, etc... all on a weekly basis to most of my fish.

jrpatter
03-14-2014, 01:37 PM
It is a central american cichlid looks like a Vieja type my guess would be Vieja synspila but i am not an expert. Source would help.

peathenster
03-14-2014, 03:26 PM
It is a central american cichlid looks like a Vieja type my guess would be Vieja synspila but i am not an expert. Source would help.

I agree. There are a bunch of different names but I think the preferred name is Paraneetroplus synspilus now.

Badams485
03-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Thank you for the help guys, Thanks to the info, She will have a better life and food. Yep and just realized he's a she.