PDA

View Full Version : My shark is sicks

dixonga
03-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Gosh I'm having a lot of fish problems this week. Today I noticed that my shark was moving sluggishly and had these white dots on him. Can anyone tell me what they are and how to cure him? He is in my large fish community tank and my other fish don't seem to have any spot but I am worried about them catching it. If I isolate him I only have a spare 10 gallon tank which is very small for him being close to 10 inches long

jimfur80
03-21-2014, 06:28 AM
that fish is a brackish fish that turns towards the salt side as it gets older, if it is truly 10" it should be in a heavy salted tank, that looks to be the issue, I keep these and they will get that way when the water is too soft and they need the higher salinity. Need to get him in a higher slanity quickly or it may already be to late for him.
Jim

dixonga
03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Thanks Jim, yes it's a Columbian shark, darn it when I Got him a year ago the salesperson assured me it could l;ive in both salt and fresh water. As soon as my aquarium store opens I'll bring him there and maybe they will put him in a salt tank. he doesn't look too good right now as he's hiding under a branch almost belly up barely breathing:sad2: My store doesn't open for another hour and half I hope he makes it otherwise I'm gonna cry

jimfur80
03-21-2014, 07:54 AM
you have to acclimate him to that harder water, you cant just dump him in a salt tank, he doesnt want that much salt and especially all at once from freshwater, I have never had them survive when they are in that condition anyway, but maybe you can save him.

jim