PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Local Plants

ilovethefishes
03-28-2014, 12:38 PM
New to the forum.

Have kept a planted tank for years and am just getting back into it. I have a 150g LED lighted, CO2 injected tank that I am looking to scape and plant. I have most of my substrate and hardscape I just need some plants.

Does anyone have any suggestions where to purchase?

Most stores are a bummer on selection and price. I am looking for a considerable amount of Marsilea spp. (minuta aka 4 leaf clover) as well as some midground Blyxa Japonica and Dwarf Saggitaria and Taxiphyllum Barbieri (Java Moss) and background plants. It will be a "green and grey" style though some red may be nice. I have a monster Angel (blue and grey with red eyes) and about 60 2" Kribensis ample drift wood and stone, Vallisneria (tall tape grass) if anyone is wanting to trade plus cash.

Really looking forward to hooking up with some of you in "real life"

ronv
03-28-2014, 12:58 PM
All you could possibly ever want will be for sale at the auction Sunday. I especially recommend the bag-o-plants from Ken. It will be a bag of assorted plants that will fill a 55 gal tank.

HN1
03-28-2014, 09:24 PM
I agree with Ron. There will be at least 100 or so bags of plants at the auction tomorrow. Ken's Bag O' Plants are incredible and contain many species in each.

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php?8958-Spring-2014-Auction-Information

aXio
03-31-2014, 09:31 AM
If you missed the auction or still need plants I can get everything you listed usually with no problems. My next plant order will be here on Friday and my prices are pretty inline with standard market pricing.

Jakub

Prasanna Kumara PK
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
so whats your LED setup ? Im interested in getting a new one .. looking for suggestions :)