PDA

View Full Version : Filter emergency- Need Victorian cichlid stocking help ASAP please

harpua2002
03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
So we got home from the auction tonight with plans to set up 2 more 55's for some of our fish. The first setup went off without a hitch, but unfortunately BOTH filters that we were going to use for the second tank, have crapped out on us.

So, I need to figure out what to do with a bag of 7 Astatotilapia calliptera about 2" in length.

We have another 55 with 5 X. phytophagus Christmas Fulu (3m/2f, these are sexually mature and have spawned). Or, we have another 55 with Pundamilia sp. Naso Bay Redside that we picked up today. There are 6 fish in the tank, it appears to be 2 trios.

Would it be possible to stock the Astatotilapia with either the Christmas Fulu or the Pundamilia? Thanks in advance!!!

harpua2002
03-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Thanks for reading everyone! I messaged Ken D. for help and ended up putting them in a 55 with juvie Labidochromis hongi red top that are the same size or smaller. I will get filters working on the new 55 and transfer them when I can.