View Full Version : Hi, from southside :)

05-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Hello, my name is Jodi! I have been in this hobby only a short time a little over a year. I just stumbled upon this forum and i am hoping to meet some new great people who share my enthusiasm for reefkeeping :). I have a 65gallon reef ( well technically its Fowlr right now) and a 14 biocube frag tank. I live on the south side of atlanta near the airport. I am very enthusiastic when it come to my fish tanks lol. I have nearly went all over the metro area and aoutside of it to meet and trade with other enthusiasts. Im running my 65g with a 29g sump and evergrow 120w leds. My biocube is stock but i plan to take the hood off and run 1-2 par38 bulbs and its also my frag tank lol. I also have a betta :ciao: So HIIII!!!! everyone!

05-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Welcome Jodi! Glad you found us. If you can, we are having our monthly meeting on the 7th of June at the Fernbank Science Center starting at 1:30 p.m. We'd love for you to stop by.

05-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Hello Saltyvixen. Amazon also on the southside. Welcome!

05-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Southsider here too...welcome to the club!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

05-21-2014, 10:11 AM
thank you every one!

Mog Carns
05-23-2014, 07:42 AM
There are probably 20 people on the forums here between Newnan and the Airport, so you are certainly not alone. This is a freshwater club, but many people also have salt tanks. The people here are a wealth of knowledge.

While you are certainly welcome here, this other forum might be welcome for you as well... http://www.atlantareefclub.org/ I have never met any of them, but I have also never heard anyone speak ill of them.

As for us and as stated, we meet on the first Saturday of the month at the Fernbank SCIENCE Center at 1:30. From Palmetto, it takes me about 35 minutes to get there... and is either an entertaining ride through Little Five Points, or an easy jog up 285. Fernbank SCIENCE Center, (Not Fernbank Museum of Natural History) is free to enter, and all club meetings are free and open to the public. After the speaker is a mini auction (mostly cichlid spawn), and you might want to bring a little cash for that if we are successful in hooking you in some freshwater tanks.