PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Fish Food

fjb2
05-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Hi AAAA, just wanted to make you all aware that our new company is now open for business. Paradigm Fish Food, LLC is a brand new cutting edge, premium tropical fish food company. So what makes Paradigm Fish Food different from all the rest?

1. Its the only 100% Grain Free tropical fish food available.

2. We use dried chicken egg whites as our "binder", this also is an excellent protein source and a complete amino acid profile.

3. All of our food varieties contain over 1% Astaxanthin (a natural color enhancer for red/yellow spectrum and antioxidant).

4. All of our food varieties contain spirulina (a natural color enhancer for blue/green spectrum & helps boost immune system).

5. Our food is NOT milled. Its handmade in our own facility located in the USA.

6. Our food is not cooked or baked. We use a dehydrator. The food is dried at 160 degrees to preserve naturally occurring vitamins and fats. Plus drying the food for a minimum of 12 hours at this temperature kills dangerous bacteria.

7. We don't use the min/max system for nutritional analysis. All our percentages add up to 100%.

8. Our food is not a pellet or a flake - its a crumble. This way you only have to buy one size. You adjust the size of the food to tailor to your individual fish.

9. Our foods contain the proper net energy (starch & fat) to ensure your fish lead a long and healthy life.

So the next time you are needing to restock your fish food supply or if you want to buy the very best for your fish, come check it out at www.paradigmfishfood.com (http://www.paradigmfishfood.com)

Thanks,
Stephanie

ahabion
05-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Are there any sample sizes that you could send out? How does it hold up in water (it sounds like an algae wafer kind of thing)?

Igster
05-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Just a thought...drying at 160*F is still baking, albeit at a low temperature... also, there are many species of pathogens that survive extended periods of exposure over 160 *F

fjb2
05-23-2014, 02:02 PM
we offer a Paradigm Sampler where you get to choose 3 different types and you get 3oz of each type (so 9 oz total) and it costs only $9. It is like a wafer. Its thin and flat. We have 5 different varieties: Carnivore, Herbivore, Omnivore, Grow, and Skinny Shrimp.

fjb2
05-23-2014, 02:15 PM
drying is a form of fermentation. I am unaware of any bacteria, fungus, pathogens, micro-organisms, etc...that can survive without water for more than 12 hours.

Igster
05-23-2014, 04:48 PM
One word: spores. The cysted form of organisms such as anthrax can survive for years in totally dry conditions - that's why african animal skin drums are prohibited from import. Many viruses can survive on dry surfaces for over 24 hours. Drying is a physical process where moisture is removed from something - it is not a form of fermentation, which is a chemical change. To truly destroy a pathogen it must be exposed to specific chemicals, extreme heat, or moist heat(steam) under pressure, such as in an autoclave.

OK - Micro 101 class dismissed... ;)

Back to food - Is the Grow suitable for small fry? Most in general, or specific types, such as livebearers, or larger cichlid fry?

Roger
05-23-2014, 05:47 PM
I am not really in favor of autoclaving my food much less my fishes. No I do not eat boxed cereal or the like. But I will check to make sure there are no african animal skins included.

Igster
05-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if green water, with all its infusoria, can be concentrated/freeze-dried into a powder form and still be nutritious...

fjb2
05-23-2014, 06:14 PM
my Grow formula is used from the time the fish are spit or formed. And it is recommended to use up to 8 weeks. It comes in a powder form so it is good for the smallest of fry. Grow is also used to help condition females for breeding and used to help the females "fatten up a bit" after they spit if they hold for a long time. After the 8 weeks (or before depending on the type of fish) the fish are ready to move up to my regular food...either Carnivore, Omnivore, or Herbivore. The food is a crumble...its wafer like and comes in bigger chunks. You then break off a piece and "crumble" it to the suitable size for your particular fish. So it can be used for extremely small fish to monster fish. Our pieces make it so that you don't have to buy 3 different sizes of the exact same food. It is not just for African cichlids....all fish fall into one of 3 categories: carnivore, herbivore, or omnivore. (well there are piscivores too but not too many people have pursuit predators in their fish tanks).