View Full Version : I'm Excited!

Stephen Cooper
06-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Every since I changed the substrate from gravel to sand my 55g cichlid tank has become so active. My Albino Tiger Oscars are constantly moving, but they seem to favor the top of the tank. They are alos constantly "battling" for lip-lock. Im not sure if they are really fighting or if they are trying to breed. I have been keeping a very close eye on them, they are both nearly the same size and neither have taken or done any damage to/from the other at this time. I'm really hoping they are attempting to pair/breed.

On another note, I woke up to a beautiful sight this morning. My Jack Dempsies were lip-locked this morning! I know that one is a male and the other is female and they have been "paired" as far as I can tell for nearly a year. The male is about 5.5 inches and the female is about 4-4.5 inches. The male has been chasing this female for quite some time, he never harms her, just annoys her more than anything else. I guess she is finally giving in. I was really worried about the fish when the 45 hex busted and leaked everything onto my floor. They seem to really be loving the new tank setup, filters, lights etc.

Im so excited! I may have some baby Jack Dempsies and Oscars soon. I will have to set up a smaller tank to separate them in or something.