View Full Version : Choosing between wife and fish

08-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I found a pleco a little while ago. It was dead. For a moment I was sad. I had one dollar and several months invested in that little glass cleaner. He was 4-6" long- the longest fish I've ever found behind a fish tank. Since it was brown to begin with it looked almost exactly the same mummified as it did alive. I need your help turning this sad frown upside down- and perhaps getting a hearty laugh- in the process.

What is the most hilarious thing I can do with my dehydrated friend to get a rise out of the mrs?
I had some ideas....

Make use of lonely nail in the wall
Hang on the pull string ofthe fan
Key hook pal
Leave it on the mousepad and keep the lights low so she doesn't know something is up until she's wondering why the mouse isn't sliding and feels like a conch shell.
(I'll point the tail away for realism)

Sorry. It's not a bristlenose pleco, but plenty abrasive. Those spines could serve as toothpicks!

Dinner is in the fridge!

Bedside drawer
I know what you're thinking-

Ladies: Look! His wife must shop at target! (Due to brand 'Up&Up', guys)

Gentlemen: really? That's all that's in there? You stashed the fun toys to keep it family friendly -Lame.
( honestly the only thing I had to remove was an embarrassing little collection of Trojan wrappers- the kids unloaded the toys and carried them off yesterday)

Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

08-15-2014, 10:25 PM
How about refrigerator magnet or remote changer guardian?

08-16-2014, 08:08 AM
And I thought you liked being married! But definitely, it should be an earring! Then you also have another gift to give her in the future, so she will have a matching set.

08-16-2014, 08:45 AM
How about refrigerator magnet or remote changer guardian?

Both good ideas, esp magnet.

08-16-2014, 09:19 PM
When I first saw this post, I thought you had to choose between keeping your fish or your wife.

I was going to offer to take your wife if you decided to keep the fish.

08-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I am having trouble to stop laughing. Did your wife find it? Reaction?

10-15-2014, 01:06 PM
i'm at work laughing out loud. my co-worker walks by (not a fish fanatic) and I start explaining and she looks at me like I was crazy. awkward... anyway love this. feel bad for the wife who may kill you, but still hilarious!