PDA

View Full Version : Needle valve for DIY Co2?

Hilde
08-24-2014, 12:23 PM
I am think of building a DIY Co2 system using Citric Acid and Baking Soda in soda bottles. Seems the most important component is a good needle valve. Where is a good place to get 1 between Mableton and Alpharetta?

byork
08-24-2014, 09:11 PM
I have never used a needle valve with a DIY setup. Needle valves are quite expensive and require specific input pressure since you can't (I never was able to) regulate the pressure generated from the DIY system you could easily apply much pressure or have liquid from the DIY mix clog it up or return water from your tank. Not sure exactly what you are looking for. I use swagelok or hoke but after my regulator followed by a check 1/3 cracking. Swagelok has a sales location in johns creek, I think. I just order online it's easier. Good luck.

Hilde
08-25-2014, 12:26 AM
The setup looks like this http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/dtburgess/R0015752_zps288e674e.jpg

byork
08-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Awesome, I haven't done it that way. Still probably won't. I'm spoiled with the pressurized system. But I did find plenty of needle valves and even entire kits to do this on eBay. I searched needle valve diy. Looked like everything was less than $20. Don't think Home Depot (Ace maybe better) would have one this small but maybe. Let me know how it goes.

Hilde
08-25-2014, 05:41 PM
But I did find plenty of needle valves and even entire kits to do this on eBay. I searched needle valve diy. Looked like everything was less than $20. Don't think Home Depot (Ace maybe better) would have one this small but maybe. Let me know how it goes.
Read 1 got a needle valve at Home Depot which was rated to low.

Mom has asked me to come to Florida and the plants are just springing back from last visit. Thus going to get DIY Co2 citric acid kit or fluval co2 system.