PDA

View Full Version : Finally babies

cswain123
09-14-2014, 08:55 PM
My tomato haps have spawned and held eggs for a couple days but never made it past two or three days. Today I stripped a female that held for over two weeks and got ten little fee swimming fry! She was back to eating tonight and fry seem to be well. They still have egg sacs but appear healthy. Hopefully they'll all be eating in a few days.

Tom Lorenz
09-16-2014, 11:47 AM
That's great!

Riggity81
12-16-2014, 08:26 AM
My tomato haps have spawned and held eggs for a couple days but never made it past two or three days. Today I stripped a female that held for over two weeks and got ten little fee swimming fry! She was back to eating tonight and fry seem to be well. They still have egg sacs but appear healthy. Hopefully they'll all be eating in a few days.

Are you wanting to sell a few when they mature a little?? Let me know.

Pierre
12-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Wonderful! 2 weeks may be a bit short as it usually take 3 weeks. Do you have an egg tumbler? If interested, I can provide with one. Usually, if I still see an egg sack, I put them in the egg tumbler until they can swim well on their own. However, I am interested in seeing how yours will do.

Cheers,

Pierre

cswain123
12-16-2014, 10:34 AM
I agree two weeks was a but short. I did lose one or two of them but most did well. They're three months old now and growing like crazy. The eat like crazy too, pretty much anything I put in the aquarium. I started them on microworms til they could eat fry crumble. I've been waiting a full three weeks before stripping my females now.