PDA

View Full Version : Super Red Severum

Larry Bugg
09-30-2014, 10:07 PM
I received these Super Red Severum from mikeusa888 a week ago. Michael lives in Kansas and is planning on moving to the Peachtree City area and reached out to me to see if we could become friends and share our hobby interest. Michael has been importing some exotics like stingrays, arowana, and flowerhorns and would like to continue to import when he gets here and possibly start a exotic lfs. I gave Michael a call and we had a long conversation about our interest and about the Atlanta lfs market and what kind of possibilities there might be. Mike told me that he had been breeding some Super Red Severum and wanted to send me some to thank me for my help.

What a generous gesture!!! I'm really looking forward to growing these guys out and hopefully getting a pair out of them. In the video you will also see a couple of juvie Heros rotkeil. I had a pair that I grew out and breed for BAP points. I took the proven pair and I thought all the juvies to our big auction a couple of weeks ago. I put the super reds in the same grow out tank that the rotkeil had been in only to find I had missed two of the rotkeil, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ie5inKjsY&feature=youtu.be

schillbw
10-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Stunning fish! And great guy too it seems.

Adrian912
10-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Those are some beautiful fish. Give him a heads up though that freshwater stingrays are illegal to keep in Georgia =(

harleydad
10-08-2014, 06:05 AM
I live close to the Peachtree City area. Please let .e know if this gentleman get anything started in this area. It seems to be hard to get quality fish around here.

SnapScott
10-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Yeah I'm also in the prachtree city area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mog Carns
10-08-2014, 07:38 AM
The monthly meetings and semi annual auctions are where I get nearly all my fish and plants. The quality is always very high.

From Palmetto, it takes about an hour to get to Fernbank Science Center. PTC cuts about 5 minutes off that time, depending on how far from the interstate you live. You can either go up through town through Little Five Points, or 285 around to Stone Mountain. Theoretically the meeting starts at 1:30, but it is usually closer to 2. I am usually back home around 5-5:30.

I put this out there because although we have about 20 people from the south 85 side on the forums, I am the only one that goes to the meetings that I know of. I drive an old, dirty Jeep Wrangler, but if you need a ride, PM me. I can probably help you out.

To the topic on hand...

PTC might be a hard setup for a LFS. There is already a PetCo and a PetSmart in PTC, and PetSmarts in most neighboring towns. There is an established salt shop LFS in Newnan. He could use some competition, but all of those stores are going to push down the already thin margins.

If he has a few million and wants to print money to swim in Scrooge McDuck style, tell him to open a Krispie Kreme outside the NCG Movie Theatre.