PDA

View Full Version : Drop Checker for CO2 unit

Erbskorn
10-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Still struggling with my CO2 unit and trying to get my drop checker indicator to work properly. I changed the liquid in the drop checker today and upon examination of the drop checker I found that there are two ways I can put it in the tank. If I put it in the tank and keep it vertical there is an air bubble on the bottom of the drop checker. If I put it in vertical and then turn the drop checker to the side the air bubble escapes and then I can attach it to the side of the glass. Which one is correct. The manufacturer directions say nothing about if the air bubble is suppose to be kept in the drop checker or if that space is supposed to be filled with water. Anyone have any idea about this? This is the drop checker I am using.

Larry Bugg
10-02-2014, 10:30 PM
You are suppose to have it in the tank with the hole facing down so there is indeed a air bubble between the liquid and the aquarium water.

https://www.google.com/search?q=co2+drop+checker+placement&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=480&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WAouVO-IDtKZyASH04H4Dw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Erbskorn
10-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Thank you Larry. That is what I thought it was supposed to work like, but this Ista equipment gives very limited instructions.