PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Jasper

Dana Menello
10-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello all, my name is Dana Menello. I'm new to this area, but not to the hobby. I have been keeping aquariums and aquatic plants for twenty-five years. I am a certified practical horticulturalist with a passion for aquatic plants.

I am in the process of moving to the state this month, but i'll have an aquarium and greenhouse up and running in no time!!!

I believe this time, i'm going to build an aquarium from the ground up. My goal is to start with cut panes of glass, maybe starfire, and go from there. Probably end up with a 24x24x24 cube with DIY LED lights.

I have been sitting on an aquatic plant book that I wrote a few years ago. I had a publisher, but lacked the pictures necessary for a really great book. I hope to have the time and resources to finish it this year.

Also, if anyone in the area knows a great place to find aquatic plants in the wild, let me know!!!

Demonfish
10-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Welcome, this is a great club for plants. Maybe you can give a talk sometime. You are very brave to build your own tank. I would just drive by glasscages in TN and pick one up finished.