PDA

View Full Version : new to Georgia

lymer
10-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Just wanted to say hello and say thanks for having me. I am new to Atlanta area and was a member of Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society for years. I have a 180 gallon tank and am crazy about plecos and Angels. Wanted to go to the action but found out to late. I am also looking to buy and connect with anyone selling or breeding plecos. I would also like to buy another fx5 or fx6 so if anyone has one for sale please call me at 513-706-5372 my name is Rodney and I am a store manager in Duluth Ga Please forgive the typos as I am not the most computer literate person.

Pierre
10-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Hello Rodney and welcome to Atlanta. We are having our monthly meeting this coming Saturday, at the Fernbank Science Center. The talk will be SA Cichlids (check out the Club Details tab). Hope to see you.

Pierre

Mog Carns
10-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Well, you moved to the right place. Welcome to Atlanta.

I am sure you noticed the lack of a water softener in the house. Most people in Atlanta have never purchased a bottle of XLR.

The water changes by the exact location, but it should be coming out of your tap around 6.5ph and extremely low hardness, perfect for most Amazon species. Some people have tanks that naturally drop into the 5s.

My family is from Lexington, and my Wife's is from Xenia. If I recall, the water up there was something crazy like 9?

Unlike the Fernbank Natural History Museum, the Fernbank Science Center is free. The monthly club meeting is open to the public. There is a mini auction after each meeting. Angels are fairly common, plecos far less so. But it is always entertaining.

schillbw
10-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Hey Rodney,
I grew up in Oxford, OH but didn't get into fish until moving to GA. Welcome to the club and enjoy.

HN1
10-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Welcome to Georgia and AAAA Rodney!

aXio
10-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Welcome! AAAA is a great place!

My obsession is plecos, pike, and geos. I got lots of rare plecos I'm keeping at home right now. Also I order in and sell lots of nice species of pleco to my store. If you ever get the chance come check us out!

Perrin150
10-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Welcome to GA Rodney!!!!!!
the AAAA is a great place to get about anything the u need and some great people with a lot of knowledge