AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIN Tables and HAP

BIN Tables and HAP

Can you get HAP credit for plants on the Buy it Now tables, or do they have to be in the actual auction?
    David Mercer
    AAAA BoD

Blog Entries
    HAP plants will need to be put in the auction. That way your HAP accomplishment can be announced to the membership.

Thanks,

Brian

The HAP and BAP programs are really two fold. The first, of course, is to recognize the accomplishments of our membership. The second aspect of the programs is to keep new and different plants and fish available for our membership at a price that everyone can afford. At least usually below retail. In the buy it now section the seller can price it at whatever they want whereas in the auction the bidders determine the price. Doing this helps the hobby insure that plants and fish that may be extinct or almost extinct in the wild will at least be available domestically in the hobby. This is also the reason behind setting the number of BAP fish that are to be in a single bag so the buyer has the possibility of continuing the breeding process.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong. Once you register your fish for the auction, got a seller number and a lot number, bag put on the table. The seller can not take that bag and sell it as a BIN. I am sure this happened in the fall auction.

That is correct. If you see anyone (other than those working the auction) removing bags from the tables, please bring it to the attention of one of the BOD members or anyone working the auction.

A somewhat related question, what happens if you pre-register some fish and for whatever reason, you do not bring the number of fish/bags that you pre-registered? I have been avoiding pre-registering the fish I am planning on selling mostly due to the fact that I am unsure of the exact number of bags that I will have of each type.

Thanks for any guidance that you can provide.

Blog Entries
    That's not a problem. You can make changes to your registered items before and even during the auction if necessary. Only the items that are actually auctioned or purchased at the BIN tables will count towards your seller number. Registration is used primarily to collect seller and buyer name and address information for transaction purposes. By registering your items, it helps us lookup the correct description of your items during the auction and make comparisons following the auction.

I usually pre-register more fish and critters than I will actually bring due to the fact that in the morning of the auction not all fish will co-operate and some refuse to be caught.

I believe some people are confused. Once you register fish for the auction and they have a number, you can not take them out of the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBob View Post
    I believe some people are confused. Once you register fish for the auction and they have a number, you can not take them out of the auction.
    This is not quite correct. If someone registers a bag from home then they will have a number for that bag. If for some reason they decide not to place it in the auction then that is their prerogative. What it really boils down to is once a bag is registered and placed on a table at the auction then the bag may not be removed. At the time it goes on the table at the auction then it becomes the property of the club to be auctioned.

Also, the problem wasn't that fish were being pulled off the table and sold in the BIN section because fish are not allowed to be sold in the BIN section. The problem occurred when a seller pulled a bag from a table and sold it privately to someone. This not only prevents others from having a chance to bid on the fish that should be in the auction but it also cut the club out of its portion of the sale price.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast