AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Department Closing

Thumbs Down Fish Department Closing

I went to Petland last week and was informed by several employees that the decision has been made to close the entire aquatic section except for Bettas, with a renewed focus on small animals, cats, and dogs. When I went last week, there was a sale of 20% off all plants and fish. Does anyone have any additional info about this?

From what I've seen and heard is pretty much most of their fish guys aren't working there anymore. Literally everything is for sale, and as of now its 30% off everything except for betta stuff.

Fish Department Closing

Beware that most their fish are sick... However the used equipment is very cheap , I got a whole bunch of glass tops!

They are also selling their whole wall tank systems for $500
    Last edited by Tropical; 04-10-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Sad to see it go. In it's time Petland Dunwoody was considered one of the best freshwater spots in GA.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Quote Originally Posted by likestofish
    From what I've seen and heard is pretty much most of their fish guys aren't working there anymore. Literally everything is for sale, and as of now its 30% off everything except for betta stuff.
    As far as I know, none of the fish staff remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical
    Beware that most their fish are sick...

That makes me sad :(

Quote Originally Posted by aXio
    Sad to see it go. In it's time Petland Dunwoody was considered one of the best freshwater spots in GA.

It is sad. I remember when I first started there we still had the center row in, soo many types of africans. or when we got all those HUGE Dovii and kept them in the blue tub :p I'll miss it.

Is that Hunt's store? If so, that is a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by canoe View Post
    Is that Hunt's store? If so, that is a big change.
    Yes it is. =/

aX·i·o

end of an era...i guess you will have to step it up Jacob, get more freshwater tanks....so where will you be moving the store too? lol. i just dont understand how we cant keep a decent fish store alive anymore. There are three or four in Atlanta that do well...theres 5 MILLION folks in Atlanta....how is that possible...??oh yeah...internets.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman36 View Post
    end of an era...i guess you will have to step it up Jacob, get more freshwater tanks....so where will you be moving the store too? lol. i just dont understand how we cant keep a decent fish store alive anymore. There are three or four in Atlanta that do well...theres 5 MILLION folks in Atlanta....how is that possible...??oh yeah...internets.
    It is sad to see store go for sure. But I can proudly say we are going very strong! Our freshwater department has grown well over 20% in the past couple of years. With full plans this year to expand the planted systems as well as add in a fully dedicated dwarf shrimp/nano fish system! So we are here to stay and plan to keep on rolling and expanding!!!

You joke about a new store... but if things keep going this well for us then in 3-4 years do not be surprised if you see the first Premier "Satellite" store open up =)

aX·i·o

Hey if you do, we wouldn't mind it opening on the east side of town.