AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Can you tell me what this native (?) fish is? I got it at a club auction last year.

Can you tell me what this native (?) fish is? I got it at a club auction last year.

Hey Everybody,

I bought some fish (minnow-like) at a club meeting last year and put them in my pond. They have awesome fluorescent fins and a fluorescent triangle on the top of their heads. They survived through the winter in the pond and seem to be developing more coloring along their backs. I only have two (I think) and would like to get more for breeding. Anyone know what they are? (And if any may show up at the auction?)

Thanks,
    Elsie

Blog Entries
    I know there have been rainbow shiners before but I don't remember if there were at the last auction. Might could look them up and see if they're identical to the ones you have.

Maybe they are the Vietnamese white cloud minnows? I've seen some people bring bags of them with 25+ to previous auctions....

Thanks... there were only about half a dozen in the bag, but I can now look them up and compare...

Thanks... now I have a start on where to look ...

Rainbow Shiners!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ESchwing View Post
    Rainbow Shiners!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow they are gorgeous fish!