AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting a new tank, possibly cichlids?

I really appreciate all the info today, I'm picking up my new-to-me tank from CL this weekend so I have time to plan the fish - then think about the tank layout. I'll keep an eye on the forums to see what's for sale since I trust real fish hobbyist over LFS teenagers any day!

Blog Entries
    I have plenty of multis for sale.

PM me if interested.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Bswink View Post
    I really appreciate all the info today, I'm picking up my new-to-me tank from CL this weekend so I have time to plan the fish - then think about the tank layout. I'll keep an eye on the forums to see what's for sale since I trust real fish hobbyist over LFS teenagers any day!
    The 'other' Larry

And in only a day my ideal tank has gone from a 36 to a 55, I will be picking it up this weekend and couldn't be more excited!

Hey who you calling a LFS teenager?! =)
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Quote Originally Posted by aXio View Post
    Hey who you calling a LFS teenager?! =)
    hahahahah.maybe a trip to a real store is in his future????

Premier is an excellent store. I took a "field trip" there this past weekend.

lol sorry aXio, the LFS near me don't have very knowledgeable fish people, unfortunately. Saw on CL some type of Fish Hobbyist event in Jonesboro this Saturday, is anyone going?

lol sorry aXio, the LFS near me don't have very knowledgeable fish people, unfortunately. Saw on CL some type of Fish Hobbyist event in Jonesboro this Saturday, is anyone going?
    There might be a few people from this group who do end up going. the "meeting" is at a fish store called Fish Bolz and he does have some interesting fish at times. From what I have seen on the Facebook page there will be a decent gathering of people. The gatherings are not a true meeting, but more of an adhoc get together where people will discuss fish in small groups and there will be some people selling various items.

The club picnic is also this weekend (Sunday @ 12). Feel free to come chat fish and eat!

Well, I picked up my 55g this weekend, it's awesome and the guy was getting out of the hobby so he gave me EVERYTHING he had so now I have enough filters, heaters, decorations etc to set up 10 tanks! For better or worse, he also asked me to take his 2 convicts. I was hoping to have a more colorful, less aggressive tank and from what I've been reading, there really aren't any fish that can live in this tank with the convict pair.

1. A friend has a 75g with bala sharks, angels and skirted tetras - could 1 convict be moved in there or will it still be too aggressive?
    2. If I can move 1 convict, could the other live semi-peacefully with other cichlids? possibly peacocks?

thanks,
    Beth