AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: "Driftwood" for planted tank in progress

"Driftwood" for planted tank in progress

Hey yall. New to this group, back into tanks. Olde Fish Lady for....??? Wow.....um. 40+years.
    Anyway, looking for tank ready driftwood, preferably
    mopani wood
    Manzanita

Any body down Fayette ville, Peachtree city know a place, a guy or girl that I can buy same?
    Or, I will drive.

Yes, favotite websites will work too, but was hoping to find local for asap setup.

Thanks!!!!
    Melanie

I do not have any.

Our local shops on the south side are
    The Fish Garden in Newnan (closer to Thomas Crossroads)
    FishBolz in Morrow (Down the street from Southlake)

I do not know if either has any, but a phone call wouldn't hurt.

There are frequently pieces of driftwood in the mini auction after each monthly meeting. It is also very easy to get pieces delivered from other other club members to the meeting. It is a fairly easy drive to Decatur on Saturdays.
    - Jeremy

Thanks!! Preciate cha!

Thanks!! I;ll give em a shout, but interestingly, I found mopani at Petco, and ordered manz from blooms and branches, site I found searching posts, internet, etc.
    we'll see how it looks. Petco mopani was ok...not thrilled, so ordered from DrFosterSmith...and see how it looks....

its been a while, since Ive taken on this kind of project!! Tried salt when my girls were 5/3 ish....did not go well, course this was in early 90's.
    My sweetie, says, in former life///b4 me, he had planted tank that 'fizzed' due to the CO2 and excellent condition of tank...

he's watching me so far, lol

thanks ya'll.
    m

Quote Originally Posted by Mog Carns View Post
    I do not have any.

Our local shops on the south side are
    The Fish Garden in Newnan (closer to Thomas Crossroads)
    FishBolz in Morrow (Down the street from Southlake)

I do not know if either has any, but a phone call wouldn't hurt.

There are frequently pieces of driftwood in the mini auction after each monthly meeting. It is also very easy to get pieces delivered from other other club members to the meeting. It is a fairly easy drive to Decatur on Saturdays.