AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Fluval Spec V stock light - new version

Fluval Spec V stock light - new version

I ordered two Fluval Spec V tanks from Amazon two days apart, for my daughters to each set up their own betta tank. (I ordered the second one when it became obvious that they were not going to share one well.) By the time the second tank arrived, the first tank was set up and running. Well, I didnít know that Fluval had recently upgraded the lights on the tanks. By bad luck, we got one of the old tanks and one of the new tanks. Set up next to each other on a bookshelf, the difference between the lights is obvious and jarring - the new lights are much brighter and blueish, while the older lights are dimmer and give the water a greenish cast. The girls prefer the look of the new lights.

Itís not really feasible to tear down and send back the first tank to exchange for a new one. And the new lights are not available for sale from Fluval as a replacement part.

I know that some people choose to upgrade the lights and donít use the stock light. So, if anyone has a new version Fluval V stock light that theyíre not using, Iíd be interested in purchasing it! The new versions are thin, clad in aluminum, and turn on and off by pressing a square pad on top of the light. (The old versions are thicker, made of either white or black plastic, and turn on and off by sliding a button on the side of the light.)

Thanks!

Back in May, someone was looking for the exact same light, and while they did find one through another member, Premier Aquatics (in Marriotta) did mention they have the new style light in stock. Might want to check them out.

Not sure if we have any left. I will try to dig around when I'm back at the store tomorrow.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX∑i∑o
    ∑mat∑ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

If you have 2 let me know. I have been looking for one too

Unfortunately I couldn't find any after digging around. Looks like all I have left is a couple of spare lids and a pump. I can confirm how ever that Hagen/Fluval will be selling them as replacement light fairly soon. Can't confirm any dates though. Unfortunate part is they will probably be like $35.99 - $39.99 for the light upgrade... which is half the price of the entire new Spec V setup.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX∑i∑o
    ∑mat∑ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I just wanted to say thank you for the replies and especially thank you to aXio for looking around for me! I'll keep checking the Fluval website.