AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: redoing 220 gallon tank

redoing 220 gallon tank

I currently have a 220 gallon tank planted with angels.

At this point, I want to change it out entirely and want to go with something different.
    I'm thinking a lot of holy rocks or rock slates. I think my vision is a lot of moving fish, nothing too aggressive or carnivores...

what about mbuna?

Mbunas are very colorful, but are by far the most aggressive sub set within the African umbrella. Most people who want a more peaceful tank will opt for keeping an All Male Hap/Peacock tank. Also very colorful, and typically a lot less aggressive. Holly Rock and Lace Rock work well in African tanks. You can even add some Synodontis cats for a clean up crew. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.

How about a classic rainbow tank? I absolutely LOVE large tanks packed full with big beautiful rainbow species... and you just don't see that many people doing them anymore. Rainbows develop some amazing colors and are a very active swimming fish. Other then some typical bickering within species they aren't aggressive at all.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Quote Originally Posted by aXio View Post
    How about a classic rainbow tank? I absolutely LOVE large tanks packed full with big beautiful rainbow species... and you just don't see that many people doing them anymore. Rainbows develop some amazing colors and are a very active swimming fish. Other then some typical bickering within species they aren't aggressive at all.
    i like it too, but didn't find much rainbows.....

Quote Originally Posted by andyl9063 View Post
    i like it too, but didn't find much rainbows.....
    Well if you end up considering it we typically stock 4-6 rainbows species at a time. And we can get a hold of pretty much every rainbow species available on the market. Most stores don't stock many of them because they don't show much color when they are small. We do our best to stock medium to large sized rainbows so they are already displaying colors.

If you decide to stick with the African Cichlid route then Peacock/Haps would be a good bit more peaceful then mbunas and would still work perfect with the holey rock scape.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

I currently have large adults red irian (4+"), parkinsonii (4+") and bosemani (3.5+"). PM me if interested.

Near Athens in the Oconee River Watershed
    Go Native...! Cyprinella and Notropis Shiners!

Quote Originally Posted by michael wolfe View Post
    Go Native...! Cyprinella and Notropis Shiners!
    dont need a heater, and less light too...some stunning fishes in our local creeks. LOTS of movement and very unusual fishes.

big tank , tropheus or petrochromis . don't believe the negative hype .
    Rick