AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Follow Mark On Twitter Add Mark on Facebook
    Add Mark on Linkedin Visit Mark's Instagram Channel Visit Mark's Pinterest Channel

Thoughts?

Dear Mr/Mrs,

I’ve come across your fish club/society website, and wanted to reach out to you with a partnership offer. We’re developing an online marketplace called Fishtank to buy/sell/exchange on a peer-to-peer aquarium fish between various aquarium societies/clubs members. Fishtank will offer payments, shipping and insane for each fish trade on the platform, providing 100% guarantee to both buyers and sellers, even in cases of DOA, everybody gets reimbursed!

We have created a landing page which very briefly describes key points about Fishtank at http://fishtank.me.

We’re planing to select several fish clubs/societies across the US which will gain free access to Fishtank as early adopters. The rest will be changed a commission.

Would such a marketplace App be of interest and value to your members? I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback!

With best regards,

Dimitri

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Dimitri Podoliev
    Founder and CEO
    Fishtank
    http://fishtank.me - Mobile marketplace to buy and sell aquarium fish online!

Doubt it will replace or even come close to AquaBid...especially if they want to charge users a commission fee...

Who doesn't love making triple digit $ decisions based on a what you can show on a 7 inch screen?

One of the first lessons I learned about fishkeeping is that only bad things happen fast.

I'll stay with Aquabid because I cannot conceive of a situation where I could not wait to get to a pc with at least two monitors so I can contrast and compare all of my options.
    - Jeremy

I really don't see it bringing any value to the club.

I agree, it may be much more attractive as a buyer but no seller wants to pay a commission if a thriving community already exists (such as Aquabid). Very few sell on eBay which this kind of looks like.
    Aquabid is however very old fashioned and needs an update badly, lacking a lot of features.

How the "everyone gets reimbursed" thing works is beyond me, the commission must be pretty high to cover that!

Based on what I can tell, the only benefit to the seller would be that they (whoever they are) will package your fish somehow and ship them for you. Unsure how that would work if the sipper lived in the middle of nowhere. Buyer side is somewhat related to how Paypal current is working, but the decision is in the hands of the app people who are have knowledge of shipping fish. Cannot tell what the level of the fee would be, as to whether it is inline with shipping and Paypal fees. Other benefits might be for a wider circle of people - many people are selling exclusively on Facebook which I find surprising. System might be nice if pictures were more readily seen in the description over aquabid.

As to the benefit to the club, there would be none to the club, just perhaps some of its members. From what I know, not many of the members do fish shipments from other parts of the country. I know I have been doing a lot lately with shrimp, but shrimp are fairly easy to ship.

My overall view, this might become the newest way to deal fish. But one can never tell what will take off. I would be fine either way, just wanted to lay out the possible benefits that I saw.

I don't believe they mean they will actually bag the fish for you. What they imply is that they will arrange for the shipping. The one benefit I see for this is that as a large customer they would be able to get good discounts so their shipping fee should be a lot less then an individual would get that is a occasional shipper.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

So if I want to sell fish I have to ship them to the site and they will re-ship? Or will they come by my place to pick up the fish? I do not see this getting off the launch pad. I will stick with AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldnfish View Post
    So if I want to sell fish I have to ship them to the site and they will re-ship? Or will they come by my place to pick up the fish? I do not see this getting off the launch pad. I will stick with AB.
    Neither. They are not intending to bag and ship your fish. You bag them and they will arrange with a carrier to pick them up from you and deliver them to the buyer.
    Larry Bugg
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Follow Mark On Twitter Add Mark on Facebook
    Add Mark on Linkedin Visit Mark's Instagram Channel Visit Mark's Pinterest Channel
    Basically it will be like AquaBid.com but the seller can only use certain carriers which they will have to take the insurance out on the shipment. The buyer will pay for the fish. The money will go into an escrow. The seller will photograph the fish as packed and ship by an approved carrier. The buyer will get the fish and advise they got them. The seller will then be paid (minus a fee). Nothing special here. Basically just being an Escrow service.

Now if something happens and there are DOAs. The seller will file with the carrier. If the carrier does not pay out, this company will cover it. Pay the seller and refund the buyer. This is where I see the issues mainly because I don't think most carriers will pay claims on live fish.