AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Looking for Neocaridinia Shrimp

Exclamation Looking for Neocaridinia Shrimp

Looking to buy approximately 10-12 neocaridinia shrimp of various colors and sexes. Ideally, no more than $4 per shrimp, however I will consider paying up to $12 each if the colors are unique and/or rare. PM me with a phone number. Willing to pay extra $$$ for greater variety and/or quantity , but pics must be sent to verify.

I have adults super red cherry shrimps and Neocaridina heteropoda var. Rili Red. The good news is that they are cheaper than $4 and all are adults ready to breed. PM for details.

We have the following shrimp in-stock currently... (Prices range from $2.00 - $12.00ea depending on type and quantity purchased.)

- Cherry
    - Black Carbon
    - Blue Velvet
    - Red Rili
    - Yellow Fire (Similar to Yellow Sakura)
    - Snow Ball
    - Amano

Coming Soon! Not Neocaridinia but very rare shrimp for our area...

- Blue Bolts ($30-40ea)
    - Red King Kongs ($30-40ea)

Other dwarf crustaceans currently in-stock...

- Dwarf Orange Mexican Lobster (CPOs)
    - Dwarf Marble Lobster
    - Thai Micro Crabs.

We order in new shrimp stock every single week. Typically ordering in 3-6 different types. So it is good to check in with us often to see what we have that week!
    Last edited by aXio; 01-19-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

I hope you plan on putting each of the species in a separate tank as all neocaridina will cross breed.

I'm actually trying to experiment, and I'll be removing any wild types I might get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Drsandes View Post
    I'm actually trying to experiment, and I'll be removing any wild types I might get

Interbreeding multiple Neos won't produce a "wild type". It will produce a hybrid. Wild types are when a known species throws a wild type color morph, typically mottled brownish colors.

Quote Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
    Interbreeding multiple Neos won't produce a "wild type". It will produce a hybrid. Wild types are when a known species throws a wild type color morph, typically mottled brownish colors.
    The wild type allele affecting coloration produces the wild coloration you see. If the wild type coloration is dominant to more rare recessive colors, then there is a greater chance offspring will appear with wild type coloration. No full neocaridinia genetics have been published that I know of, but if a hybrid was made every time, there would be thousands of different colorations of neocaridinia in the hobby by now.