AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hatchery up and running

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    How are you handling the waste water? Is it into a another tote or to groundwater (how)?
    For right now it is just going into the woods......we are on 120 acres. My future plans are to use it on the garden which will be about 20' from the fish house. The current drain pvc runs right beside the garden area to the edge of the woods so I just need to work out how I will disperse it on the garden.
    Larry Bugg
    AAAA BOD Member
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
    Interesting setup with water changes, but how do you start a siphon on that? I have a similar setup myself.
    When I fill up the siphon tube with water I simply hold it straight up and as soon as the water starts flowing down the tube I put the siphon tube back in the tank and the flow continues.
    Larry Bugg
    AAAA BOD Member
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

They are beautiful fish! Can't wait to see what their fry will look like as they get bigger.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    When I fill up the siphon tube with water I simply hold it straight up and as soon as the water starts flowing down the tube I put the siphon tube back in the tank and the flow continues.
    That's smart, thanks for the info. I think I've been over complicating it..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    For right now it is just going into the woods......we are on 120 acres. My future plans are to use it on the garden which will be about 20' from the fish house. The current drain pvc runs right beside the garden area to the edge of the woods so I just need to work out how I will disperse it on the garden.
    What's the volume per day? Would seem the trickiest would be the volume then keeping pressure.

Im trying to plan using my waste waste (ro and wc and rain). I'd like to get it pumped into a raised tote and gravity fed to soaker lines or the sprinkler system. I'm on a much smaller scale though, itd be tough I think to displace a big Discus operation like that, I'd imagine you'd need to farm all that land to match the water volume. (Win-win)