AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hatchery up and running

New Hatchery up and running

My first spawn in the new fish house attached to the parents today. The pair is a Curipera Cross x Mystique Red Cover from Uncle Sam's Discus.

Last edited by Larry Bugg; 03-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    Larry Bugg
    AAAA BOD Member
    NADA (North American Discus Association) BOD Member
    SEDE, Southeast Discus Enthusiast

awesome! looking forward to seeing more!

Very cool Larry! Can we hope for a video tour sometime soon? :)

Great news, great that you are up and running.

Hopefully in the next week or so Len. After getting all the tanks in (40's and 75's) I decided that I really had to have some tanks for GBR and apistos. Just wouldn't be right to not be breeding them also, so I plumbing in six 20's. Should have that finished in the next day or so and will try and get a video after that.
    Larry Bugg
    AAAA BOD Member

Board Of Directors heatherbeast's Avatar
    I want pics of the plumbing process! :o

Quote Originally Posted by heatherbeast View Post
    I want pics of the plumbing process! :o
    Nothing complicated there. Each tank is drilled with a 1" bulkhead installed. 1" pvc leads from the bulkhead through a ball valve to a 1 1/2" pvc drain line that runs the length of the floor and outside. Open the ball valve below each tank and they drain. I have two 330 gallon water totes for storage. I use pond pumps submerged in the totes to pump the water to 1/2" pvc leading to each of the tanks. There is a ball valve at each tank that is opened to fill the tank with the water from the totes. I have a siphon vac that I took the short tubing off and added about a 20' piece of tubing to it. It is plumbed directly into the 1 1/2" floor drain line. I can take it from tank to tank to clean the bottom before doing each water change. Really pretty simple but BUT efficient and saves a ton of time. With daily water changes this is a must have.
    Larry Bugg
    AAAA BOD Member

How are you handling the waste water? Is it into a another tote or to groundwater (how)?
    Last edited by smitty; 03-13-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Interesting setup with water changes, but how do you start a siphon on that? I have a similar setup myself.