AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Is fish addiction a bad thing?

Is fish addiction a bad thing?

Helllooo Iíve been a member for a while. Iíve attended meetings and auctions (especially since they moved to Cobb County) and have occasionally lurked on the form while looking for info but have never really gotten around to introducing myself. During my single days living in Toronto in the 70ís I had aquariums all over my apartment and spent weekends with my dogs at dog shows.
    Just over 20 yrs ago my husband & I moved from Canada to Marietta with our children because there was a greater need here for Reg. Nurses. Iíve always had aquariums with either fancy goldfish or tropical fish. We became Koi and Goldfish keepers and created a 1500gal covered fancy goldfish pond, also 2 koi ponds, 5,000gal and 15,000gal which required a 600 gal quarantine pond. We became active with the Atlanta Koi Club serving on various board positions. I was a Pond Tour Chair for a couple years (the first Chair to turn a profit). I introduced the Goldfish Show into the Koi show and chaired for 5 years. I was also the Koi Show Chair for 3 years and brought the show out from a warehouse to JapanFest. I am a Goldfish judge and have judged Goldfish Shows in 8 different states.
    I got back into keeping tropical fish and when the koi club became too political we stopped our participation including exhibiting our goldfish and koi and filled in the 5,000 gallon pond. I tried my hand keeping Cichlids but have decided I prefer community fish over those with predatory tendencies. Recently Iíve been trying to curb my addiction to Premier Aquatics.
    This is getting lengthy but thatís what happens when I talk about fish or dogs (we have 5 dogs).

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the club and forum!

Glad to have you onboard! I'm digging in a, more permanent than I currently have, in-ground/proper pond this summer so I'm glad you're here.

We've probably crossed paths at premier, I'm there too often.

so true..... nice seeing you at the auction.

I am not seeing any problem with that, all of us here I guess have an addiction. The fact that you have a heart for these animals is enough, and hey your family is supporting you that only means that they respect the things that you want. You are doing fine.