AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: When should I move my fry?

When should I move my fry?

So... My gourami fry are growing nicely. They are two weeks olds now and are about 1/4" long. If I had to guess, there are about 100-150 of them. I just picked up a really good deal on Craigslist..I got another 55 gallon tank with stand and Fluval 306. I'm going to use it to grow them out.

Do you think I can safely move them to the 55? I figured I'd keep the water level pretty low in the 55 and keep using the little bubble filter for now. You think there'd be any issue with them feeding in such a bigger space?

Thanked for any advice.

what type of gourami are they? most anabantids grow out at very different rates and cannibalism happens a lot. especially in bettas,
    They are safe to move for sure, but you should probably move them in batches....biggest first and let the larger ones grow out, and keep the smallest in the other tank to keep them from being eaten...or the opposite. Bottom line is they will be fine to move.

I guess they are good to go and be transferred in a bigger tank. I would have to agree with what @mountainman36 suggested, try to divide it into group.