AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: 30g to 36g Tank Move

30g to 36g Tank Move

Hi everyone!

Inspired by Jakub's talk, I applied some of the concepts to a tank move. The "fishieboops" tank is a community tank I maintain for my son's entertainment. The previous setup was a little top-heavy, and I didn't want his enthusiasm to turn into a disaster.

So here goes: soil and rocks. Unlike Jakub, I only spent about 20 minutes and 1 beer mulling over the composition of the hardscape.

IMG_20170510_232651.jpg

Next are the plants. Bah gawd I have seen the light, I was an idiot for trying to plant in tanks with water above the soil line. It was soooooooo much easier!

IMG_20170510_230628.jpg

Paper towel time. My favorite part.

IMG_20170510_232914.jpg

The next picture is of the tank immediately after filling it and adding the fish back. I'm stunned at how clear the water is. Pouring a slow stream of water over the towels is totally the way to go. No soil clouding, no grinding of the filter impeller on sand or soil....

IMG_20170511_000923.jpg

And then the following morning, less than 10 hours after setup.

IMG_20170511_175657.jpg

Really great advice from Jakub's talk. The layout and composition skill will come with practice. Thanks again for a great talk!

Awesome Heather! You just put a huge smile on my face by using some of the methods I presented on. =)

Please keep us updated!
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.