AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall Auction

Question Fall Auction

No Fall auction this year?

October, likely. In the meantime, start thinking about those bowl show entries! ;)

Well I don't have any fish for the bowl shows. I have a bunch of swordtails. Since I am in need of cash deciding whether to hold on to the lyretails or bring them to the Aug meeting.

Sounds like you need to put your prettiest swordfish pair in the BOWWWWWWWWWWWWWL SHOWWWWWWWWWWWW

The only post I see with bowl show is Sept 2016. It says no air pumps. That concerns me.

Board Of Directors
    I think you will be OK with a battery-powered air pump, as long as you remove the airstone during the actual judging. The idea is to have a bare tank with no substrate, background, decor or anything behind which a fish could hide. At the last bowl show, the restriction was that a 110 v air pump could not be used, due to limitations on how many electrical outlets were available in the room. We also do not want to have people tripping over extension cords.

So when it is the next bowl contest?

First Saturday of September. I am chairing it. I am also totally green, so I will be talking to some of the more seasoned club members regarding different formats (this year will be a single show format, and then post details after the August club meeting. -- I will be more inclined to do an ongoing event across several meetings for cumulative points in 2018.

There will be a Fall Auction, It is likely to be in October but we are still working on the Venue to get an exact date. We will post on the front page when we have it finalized.

In the mean time the bowl show should be fun next month!
    David Mercer
    AAAA Auction Chair

Thanks GT Hopefully can get to next months meeting.