AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Nanfa con18

Near Athens in the Oconee River Watershed

Nanfa con18

Georgia Fish Folks,

Next summer, the Georgia Region will host the North American Native Fishes Association (NANFA) annual convention right here in Georgia. Some of you may know about NANFA from my past presentation at your meeting, but if you are not familiar with NANFA, please check us out at www.nanfa.org and learn a little more. This is our chance show off our state and our fish... and your opportunity to get in the water with some great folks from around the country that love native fish. There will be field trips and talks about science, husbandry, and conservation... and more field trips.

More info to come, but for now, I will tell you that it will be in extreme North Georgia June 7-10, 2018. Mark your calendars!
    NANFACON18.jpg

Michael

Awesome! I'm going to make it a point to be there!
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

A NANFA conference weekend is like no other. So if you have been to a cichlid convention or something similar and so 'been there done that'. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Should be a day out collecting in the local waterways. Time to actually get your pants wet and see some gorgeous fish in the water. Can't go to Uruguay or Peru. Trust me, this is just as much fun. Especially with a bunch of other fish nuts. You do not want to miss this event. And it will be cooler up in the mountains in June than it is here.

Quote Originally Posted by djramsey View Post
    A NANFA conference weekend is like no other. So if you have been to a cichlid convention or something similar and so 'been there done that'. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Should be a day out collecting in the local waterways. Time to actually get your pants wet and see some gorgeous fish in the water. Can't go to Uruguay or Peru. Trust me, this is just as much fun. Especially with a bunch of other fish nuts. You do not want to miss this event. And it will be cooler up in the mountains in June than it is here.
    Just convinced me even more sir!
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Near Athens in the Oconee River Watershed
    Update on the convention location and other info:

http://www.nanfa.org/convention/2018.shtml

Short version is we will be at Young Harris College.

Fish convention! Yess!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk