AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Thread: Fishing On Saturday

Near Athens in the Oconee River Watershed

Fishing On Saturday

If you think it sounds like fun to get out in the water and see the fish of North Georgia, then I have an opportunity for you. I would like to invite you to join us.

Some NANFA members are going to meet at Autrey Mill Nature Preserve on Saturday morning. We will take a look at the native fish aquarium there (that we have been working on for years now and supporting). The naturalist there says that she has had some losses and that a few more fish in the display tank would really make it shine! While I normally do not recommend collecting in the summer, the relatively cooler weather recently should make it less stressful on them.

Let me know if you are interested in joining and I will coordinate with those that are going to be able to make it.

I'd like more info Michael. Please PM me with time and any recommendations for needed items to bring. Thanks!

Board Of Directors
    Michael, if it rains will you still be trying to collect fish? The current plans I have will be canceled if it rains. I would love to be part of this event.
    Stewart

I did not think about the weather when I set this date, but hey, the fish are already wet! Seriously, I don't mind collecting in a little rain but obviously not if there is lightning. The real problem will be if we get a lot of rain in the next couple of days and the creek rises. Right now it does not seem like we have had the rain, so its still a go.

A few fish and a few people from the NANFA outing in Johns Creek. We had great weather and a lot of fun.
    longnose.jpgbluegill.jpgstoneroller.jpgseine 2.jpg

For more, you can look here on a google drive.

So hated to miss it. Sorry for being a no show. I worked an outage late and then overslept. I went to Autrey Mill yesterday to check it out and see the tank. They've got a great facility and the volunteer there was great.