AquaRank.com

Upcoming Events for the Next 90 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall 2017 Auction Registration is Now Open!!!

Shucks, I'll be leaving the house at 5 to make it there for 10...is there a prize for farthest traveled?🤔🤔🤔

Board Of Directors
    There are a good number of us who travel 2+ hours for the auction. 5 hours is dedication plus.

May I please make a suggestion for the next auction? You see, I was very new to the big auctions and had no idea about ticketing bags to get them sold faster, or paying wholly for what you bid on instead of using what you sold to offset. I am used to the mini auctions. Maybe bring this up for other new people, so they aren't caught be surprise like I was? I swear I'm not trying to make waves. It's just that I had no idea, and had I come alone today I would have been in a huge mess as far as paying for my items (limited income).

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAutumn View Post
    May I please make a suggestion for the next auction? You see, I was very new to the big auctions and had no idea about ticketing bags to get them sold faster, or paying wholly for what you bid on instead of using what you sold to offset. I am used to the mini auctions. Maybe bring this up for other new people, so they aren't caught be surprise like I was? I swear I'm not trying to make waves. It's just that I had no idea, and had I come alone today I would have been in a huge mess as far as paying for my items (limited income).
    Hey Jade. Not sure if you have seen this sticky post. But David has a thread posted as far as rules and general flow. It talks about everything you mentioned.

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showt...-Auction-Rules
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Board Of Directors
    Quote Originally Posted by aXio View Post
    Hey Jade. Not sure if you have seen this sticky post. But David has a thread posted as far as rules and general flow. It talks about everything you mentioned.

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showt...-Auction-Rules
    Good idea. The simple solution is to make sure the links are included with the event listing. Some signage at the auction wouldn't hurt either.

I agree with canoe. Adding the link to the event listing would be a huge help for us newbies, and some signage at the auction itself for non-members who might miss the event listing altogether. I'd even help with the signage. Just to keep people from being embarrassed (like I was).

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAutumn View Post
    I agree with canoe. Adding the link to the event listing would be a huge help for us newbies, and some signage at the auction itself for non-members who might miss the event listing altogether. I'd even help with the signage. Just to keep people from being embarrassed (like I was).
    I think the easier and less confusing we can make it the better for everyone. I think it is a great topic to bring up in a meeting and get things rolling for the spring auction.
    Jakub Lapinski - Premier Aquatics Manager
    Premier Aquatics - (770) 321-8404
    Email - jakub@premieraquatics.net

aX·i·o
    ·mat·ic - taken for granted : self-evident or unquestionable.

Hey folks,

I just wanted to say thank you for hosting yet another great auction- you all have great volunteers. Yes, I spent more than my budget (that doesn't seem to change each auction), but I appreciate the tips on what could go w/ my existing fish, etc. from the folks there - like Pierre, Bob, Curtis, and the guy w/ the GA BullDogs hat.

My 2 kids came with me and had a great time.

Thanks again,
    Jit